Hello, my name is Milissa McCracken and I started M i Organized in the fall of 2011 to help others find their way to de-clutter, sort, and make decisions that will help make their lives and spaces better.
I discovered while writing this section for the web page, that I have been organizing most of my life in every job or career that I have had. Graduate of Radford University, where I received a degree for Bachelor of Science in Home Economics and a minor in business.
· Assistant fashion designer for two different manufactures where I would help to create and develop clothing lines for the upcoming season. I was in charge of ordering the sample fabric, notions and trims, plus kept tabs of the new sample lines. My job was to help organize the collection so that it could be shipped out to our sale team located all over the United States.
· After a fashion career, I then taught in the local public schools, where as you know you have to be always two steps ahead of the kids. I always had a lesson plans and a goals to get my students to succeed in the classroom.
· Interior decorating was the next step in my career. I found that in this job, you had to be very organized while balancing multiple client projects at the same time. From fabrics, trims, designs and custom made drapes, everything was kept in order so I could deliver them to the clients when promised. I was also a manager at a local fabric store. In this job I was in charge of the employee’s schedule, bookkeeping, inventory, maintaining the stock, plus the daily job of running a business.
· Working in a large department store was next. I was selected to work in the jewelry department where the diamonds had to be counted and reported on a daily bases. The cases and the costume jewelry stock were to be kept neat and re-stocked throughout the day. This company also trusted me to be in their cash office 3 days a week to count and deposit the money that the store received from sales the previous day.
· Designer for a national closets company was my last stop before I started my current business. I loved this job, but I wanted to do more hands on and help more people with other spaces in their homes and businesses.
So M i Organized was born.